Public health is what a community does to make sure its residents are healthy. Public health is at the heart of much of Bermuda’s day to day functioning, but is largely invisible. When restaurants are clean and safe, when children and travellers are properly vaccinated, when the streets are free of garbage and rodents, we know that public health is working – but we often take these things for granted. The Department of Health wishes to recognise and encourage the public health successes of Bermuda. The Public Health Awards is one way in which we can do this. If you know a person or organisation that has contributed significantly to the health of Bermuda’s population you are invited to nominate them for a Public Health Award.
Nominations must be submitted by 31st March 2022. Nominations will only be considered if:
- the Public Health Awards Nomination Form is completed
- the Form is received by the Health Promotion Office by 31st March 2022
- the nominees fulfil all the criteria detailed below
Recipients of the Public Health Award will be selected by the Public Health Awards Committee.
Nominees for the Public Health Awards 2022 must have contributed to the success of public health in Bermuda by their contribution to preventing the spread of coronavirus for the safety and health of the community.
- Individual Award: for an individual’s exceptional contribution to public health
- Organisation Award: for an organisation’s exceptional contribution to public health
Nominees whose actions have made a significant contribution to improving health in the Bermuda community, will be considered for the Public Health Awards 2022. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- The individual or organisation nominated has made a real difference to Bermuda’s public health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Nominee must be currently active
- Nominee has gone above and beyond the call of duty
- Nominee “Thinks outside of the box” to find creative ways to be effective
- Nominee’s actions have proven, demonstrated effectiveness
- Nomination reached the Health Promotion Office by 31st March 2022 on appropriate form
NOTE: Nominations may be submitted by any individual; however, persons with executive or managerial positions cannot nominate their own organisation. This is to ensure a fair process.