The Ministry of Economy and Labour works to establish effective policy solutions, provide oversight, and appropriate governance to support the diversification, growth and development of Bermuda’s economy. The main objectives of the Ministry are:
- To utilize strategic frameworks and data to support economic growth and development;
- To promote and enforce employment standards, help settle workplace disputes and foster harmonious industrial relations;
- To support apprenticeships, industry training and employment services;
- To provide support to Bermuda’s unemployed and underemployed population; and
- To provide oversight of the administration of immigration laws and policies.
The overarching aim of the Ministry of Economy and Labour is to facilitate growth and development within Bermuda’s economy while promoting entrepreneurship, labour standards, healthy labour relations and the expansion of jobs.
The Ministry of Economy and Labour manages the following six departments and section:
- Department of Immigration
- Department of Financial Assistance
- Department of Workforce Development
- Department of Statistics
- Economic Development Department
- Department of Labour
The Minister of Economy and Labour provides oversight to the Bermuda Economic Development Corporation and the Bermuda Business Development Agency. The Minister also has responsibility for International Business, E-Commerce, and the Economic Recovery Plan.
For more information about the work of agencies supported by the Ministry of Economy and Labour, please refer to the following websites: