What do they do?
To advance amateur sport, recreation, and youth development for all Bermudians—from leisure activity to athletic excellence—the Department of Youth, Sport, and Recreation:
- Runs community centres around Bermuda to engage youth in recreational programmes;
- Runs afterschool programmes with sports and recreational activities for young people;
- Manages the national sport governing bodies in Bermuda;
- Operates Bermuda’s sporting facilities;
- Hosts day camps and summer camps for youth; and
- Provides grants specifically to young people or to organizations working with youth.